Roger and I have had the great opportunity to take several cooking lessons from a Chinese Chef. This particular lesson, I took my camera along. We made some type of dumplings (I can't keep them all straight...these were steamed vs. frying or boiling) and Mango pudding!!
Roger just finished his mango pudding.
Close up of the pudding...looks great, huh!!
Looks great in an apron...doesn't he!!
Okay...now to start the dumpling wrapper. This is basically our 2nd time to do this...so we should be pro's, right??
Bu Hao Mr Hon!
Acutally he did very well!
This is Roger attempting folding the dumpling. It is much harder than it looks! And the teacher makes them SO fast and SO pretty!
Here is the meat of the filling...can anybody guess what the dish on the right is? You guessed it...pork skin! I wonder if Meijer's has this? Actually, this is the stuff that makes the inside soupy and gives the dumpling its flavor...hard to leave out!
Once they are folded, they go inside the steaming backets.
...and into a pot of boiling water.
Finished product...
Eat up...the best part of the class!
And the next best part is that we get to bring them home and the kids have an after school treat. They thought these were pretty good...
...especially Claire!
No comments:
Post a Comment