Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Days in Bangkok

During our trip to Thailand, we finished off our trip in Bankok.  I would have to say that it will be okay if I never go back...especially with three kids.  It was very hot and very crowded and the traffic was terrible. 


We deceided to escape the heat while were there the first afternoon and go to the Bangkok Aquarium.  It was very nice and the kids really enjoyed it. 




Much to my shear terror, we took a TucTuc Ride.  This is one thing I will also say that I hope I never do again, especially with my three children.  The kids liked it, and we didn't go far, and even though I have a smile on my face below, I do not have a fond memory of it. 


Roger on the other hand has been waiting to do this his entire life....


The second day we spent the morning at the Royal Palace.  Very very hot!!! Luckily, we had some friends that met us there and showed us around so we kept moving. 

The buildings were beautiful.  Out of respect, wee had to be fully dressed (no shorts, long dresses or pants, no open toe shoes, socks, etc.).  Of course, the twins lasted about 15 minutes before sitting down, removing their socks and handing them to me.  Of course, I could not blame them, it had to be close to 100 degrees.










Across from the Palace, we ate at a great western sandwhich shop and cooled off.


The fruit always looks so great from these guys...just couldn't let the girls have any. 

Tuctuc similiar to the one we rode in the night before...they are all over Bangkok.


We deceided we had to get back out of the heat in the afternoon.  We spent the rest of the day shopping at some indoor markets.  As you can see, the girls were tired and bored. 



We took the red eye flight back from Bangkok to Shanghai.  So, the girls had to crash at the airport from 9-1:00 AM or so.  Abby was out in a few minutes....


...Lindsay and Claire are still going strong at midnight.  Nothing ever changes...


We got home in time for the BIG fire work night back in China.  We got to watch while Dad set some off as well as the rest of Shanghai....ALL NIGHT LONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment