Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tokyo, Japan

I went to Tokyo for work last week.  I didn't get much time to do much sigthtseeing...but we did get a little time to visit a couple of places.

The Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo is the largest fish market in the world!  It is actually a wholesale market, and they do not allow people like me to buy the fish.  However, we were able to walk around and see the market first hand.  We got up and caught a Taxi by 4:15 AM so we could be allowed to watch the Tuna Fish Auction.  We were told that some of the larger fish can go for $10,000 USD. 









The view from my hotel window...I was right above the Tokyo station (you can see the trains below)...



We made a quick trip to the Imperial Palace Gardens...the Emperior still lives at this location.





Just a picture of one of the eating areas while I waited....




No comments:

Post a Comment